Cullinan Properties, a leading commercial real estate developer, is seeking an experience Vice President of Development to join the Development team leading the expanding Tampa Bay office and focusing on managing both the pre-development and ongoing development related activities for commercial mixed-use projects.
- 10+ years’ proven experience in a development manager role overseeing mixed-use, commercial and multi-family projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a real estate, finance and or construction-related discipline
- Strong organizational and communication skills as well as good judgement and integrity
- Ability to take initiative and seek responsibility
- Ability to maintain the overall understanding of their projects, recognize and act upon priority tasks with minimal supervision
- Travel required
- Cultivate relationships and lead interface with potential business partners, municipalities, and other governmental agencies, consultants, and professional organizations for assigned projects.
- Lead efforts to secure state, federal and city subsidies for assigned new developments.
- Search for development opportunities in Tampa Bay as well as the major markets in the Southeast United States.
- Participate in the analysis of new development, redevelopment, and tenant specific opportunities.
- Coordinate with investment team to guide and oversee preparation of project proposals, pro formas, budgets, feasibility analyses, including determination of time and funding requirements.
- Lead coordination of multi-disciplinary teams including Development, Finance, Leasing, Marketing, Tenant Coordination and Property Management to manage the full cycle development process through entitlements, financing, lease up, design, construction, and project completion.
- Manage the pre-development process from initial identification and evaluation including any conceptual site planning analysis, through investment approval, entitlements, and pre-leasing.
- Identify and analyze development and zoning regulations related to leases, new projects and expansion of existing properties. Coordinate with legal teams for the analysis and interpretation of REA’s, Leases and related controlling documents.
- Obtain zoning approvals and procure necessary permissions and licenses.
- Manage all aspects of the design and construction process including but not limited to any master planning, negotiation of contracts, development of the construction documents, project schedules and budget.
- Manage direct report assigned for day-to-day execution of construction projects.
- Obtain ownership and management approvals as required.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to ownership and management to advise on status of sites under development.
- Regularly participate in industry-related education programs and trade associations to keep ahead of the curve in industry trends and to represent the company.